Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Vaguely Know What I Want

I have recently become jobless, husband-less, and will be homeless once the house sells. The trouble is I have no clear direction about what I really want.

I have vague ideas. Like I want to be in a position to buy my own house once the current one sells. I would like to move closer to the city so that I am not so geographically isolated and so that I don't have to travel so far for work. I would like to be closer to family if possible. I would like a job that allows me to enjoy my life outside work, rather than it taking me over with committment requirements.

I would like to make some friends that I can have some fun with outside of work. I would like a partner who appreciates and is supportive of me. I would like a bank to agree to loan me a mortgage as a single woman who will be on probation in a new job, as a opposed the woman as part of a couple in full-time regular employment.

Actually the more I write, the more I realise what I want is probably as specific as I can make it at this point. I guess the problem is that I don't really have either the motivation or the power to make these happen right now.

I have begun to apply for work but truth be that nothing advertised really grabs me. I hope someone gives me a job despite this. I am caring for my mother, who's health I am quite concern about. There will be four, four hour drives to and from the hospital in the next 3 weeks. She is essentially immobilized for at least the next 2 months. I am not sure that she will be ok if I get work.  I think this is also impacting on my motivation to obtain employment.  In the meantime however I have no income.

I am not being social, partly because I no longer see anyone I know now that I am not working, partly because I live so far away, and partly because I am caring for a woman who still really shouldn't be left for extended periods of time, despite what she says, bless her.

I am not dating. I don't know any men. I also suspect that I would be paralysed with shock and fear if a man showed interest in me... I'm not sure that I have any confidence in myself in that department anymore.

I cannot buy a new house and get on with my life because I don't have a job and can't seem to sell this one. At lease I have somewhere to live for the moment and I'm not in the middle of packing everything up, moving, and fighting with the ex about whose taking what. While I would like to be able to get on with just being in MY new home, the moving is just going to be the biggest pain in the ar**.

l am in limbo a lot. Partly due to lack of motivation and partly due to difficult circumstances.

I think I mostly wanna learn how to make the tide come in.

No comments: