Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Phone Call

I went to hospital again today. Hopefully for the second last time.

I received a phonecall this morning. It was the occupational therapist confirming the exact equipment my mum required for bathing, walking, getting out of chairs and off the toilet etc at my house. My mum can now negotiate walking very short distances with a frame. So she can be discharged. She will live with me until she is able to be independent again.

This afternoon I picked up one of the larger pieces of equipment. I must say, they were very efficient and obliging in providing the needed frame with a only a couple of hours notice. I guess they have to be. The last thing a worried person needs is to be confronted with unhelpful and inefficient staff just so a parent can go to the toilet without injury.

I will be attending the hospital again tomorrow to pick her up. Hopefully the rest of the equipment will fit in the back. I'm very happy



No comments: